Friday, July 23, 2010

State Holiday!


Turns out today is some sort of state holiday here in Florida.  I haven't been a resident here long enough to know about all the local traditions, festivals, and such; so this one caught me by surprise.

Turns out that today is "drive 45 no matter what the speed limit is" day. I really need to get some sort of calendar Notifier or something to let me know about this.

I first noticed that something might be up when I was sitting behind a 60s Falcon. When I passed it I saw the driver who I am pretty sure bought the car new as a retirement present to himself back in the 60s. He had to be 116.

It wasn't just him. I felt like I was in a drivers training video. Everyone was going stupid slow.  Hopefully this is an isolated event and not an omen for my impending journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment