Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Road Trip 2010 - Background

How the trip started
This trip all started out when I was invited to Xuan & Victor's wedding. I was originally going to fly out, thanks to my dad and his generous offer of his frequent flier miles.

I know, you are thinking "what, Krispin fly?", yes I was dreading it too. Road side attractions just don't look as cool from 35,000 feet.

As luck would have it, my friends Zach & Liz had just decided to move to Seattle, and not 30 minutes after my father so graciously booked the tickets, they called asking if I would drive their other car to Seattle. Of course I said yes. I had to ask Dorrie, knowing the answer, and of course she is now coming.

Dorrie
I met Dorrie way back in 1998 when I was living in Florida, strange that it has been 12 years already. I had known her for about three weeks when I decided to move back to California. I don't remember what led to it, but she decided to ride shotgun on the trip back. It was AWESOMENESS, I think at one point we laughed for 40 miles straight. We were also delusional from being on the road through most of texas.

Fast Forward 8 years and I moved to Atlanta, she was of course all over that trip. We really kitched it up, stopping at:
So it was a given that she would come on this trip.


2 comments: